-
January 11th, 2004, 03:18 AM
#1
Inactive Member
What ever you want to call them.
Anybody want to discuss electrical code violations?. Today I was asked to install a dishwasher circuit. When I opened the sub panel , It was a Westinghouse Nova panel there was aleast 10 breakers with 2 or more circuits connected to them.One quad breaker was jumped on both poles with a 30 amp load connected to it. the quad was a double 15 and double 20. The customer had said that she has replaced many breakers in the past.
I wonder why.All I can really do is to inform the electrical inspector of the hazards and wrote on her invoice that there is electrical hazards and had her sign it. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
-
January 11th, 2004, 03:55 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Was the bathroom fan on a GFCI?
-
January 11th, 2004, 03:59 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I was only in the basement. there was the same problem in the main 200 amp panel also. I did not see any gfi breakers at all.
Maybe it is time to consider the new field safty officer program here in bc.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 11, 2004 12:03 AM: Message edited by: electricguy ]</font>
-
January 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Doug: One of my previous bosses became an electrical inspector in Calgary. It is a very good career opportunity.
-
January 13th, 2004, 05:43 AM
#5
Inactive Member
What else can you do? In a situation like that [homeowner handy-man electrical] is everywhere. Now it's up to the Inspector to... inspect the home and by al-rights, have the inexpensive dishwasher installation [by a certified electrician] increased to a service upgrade or possibly a total house code compliancy. My question is are YOU as a certified tradesman required to do something about it right away [because it's NOT safe] or let the homeowner\inspector handle it?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks